- Human Trafficking in the 2nd largest and fastest growing criminal activity in the world!
- Toledo is #4 in the nation in terms of arrests & investigations and rescues in sex trafficking.
- 80% of victims are women and 50% are children.
- The Church is called to fight this injustice!
- You don't have to do it alone! Or reinvent the wheel!!! There are organizations in Toledo already fighting the battle! You can partner with them!!!!
1) FREEDOM SUNDAY - Invite The Free2BMe Project, The Daughter Project, Second Chance, or STOP (all local Toledo organizations combating sex trafficking right here in our home town) to speak (or have a presence) at your Church on SUNDAY, February 26th.
2) Pray - Commit as a Church to pray for freedom in all forms: physical, spiritual and emotional for trafficking victims and survivors. Pray for the above mentioned organizations, the leadership and their volunteers.
The A21 Campaign has an awesome prayer guide
3) Build awareness - Educate your Church - host a human trafficking event at your church, recommend books and films that speak on the issue.
4) Localize the issue! Don't keep pretending it's not happening here! We are #4 in the nation! Human trafficking exists in EVERY city!
5) Put information in your bulletin or on your pre-service big screen!
6) Coordinate and lead a donations drive: All of the above organizations need monetary help to fulfill their missions, as well as numerous items to help in their efforts. Also don't forget Cherry Street Mission's Women's Division for new clothes, socks, personal hygiene and much more. Many of their guests are sex trafficking survivors!
“But this is a people robbed
and plundered; they are all
of them snared in holes
and hidden in houses of
bondage. They have
become a prey, with no one to
deliver them, a spoil, with no one
to say, Restore them!”